Sunday 1 January 2012

A lazy New Years Day

Nothing makes me feel lazier then being lazy all day.  And today I have definitely been lazy all day.  I think that I had a food hangover.  Last night we experimented with the deep fryer that I got for Christmas.  We made home-made taco shells, oreos, kudos bars, pizza rolls, pot-stickers, white-chocolate santas all deep fried.  I hurt really bad today.  We were drinking too, which I am sure didn't help.

We rang in the New Year with Dick Clarks Rockin Eve.  It was a lot of fun.  We played Steele Reserve.  Which is a game that we created while we were camping last summer.  We were at the lake and it was too cold to go swimming or kayaking and I bought some Steele Reserve.  We had a cup and some quarters so we dug a couple holes and played a drinking game that involved throwing the quarters at the cup.  For a while we were calling it quarter-cup, but the inspiration was really the Steele Reserve so when our buddy made the official board we re-named it Steele Reserved.

All in all it was a fine and fattening send off to 2011.  And it was the perfect end that made it all the easier to start into a health kick.  Me, my stomach and my liver are very ready for that!

No comments: