Saturday 7 January 2012

Skirt Burgers and Paper Football

Joel and Lainie had us over for skirt burgers tonight.  If you have never had one of these heart-stopping food oddities I would definitely recommend it...once a year.  More than that and I think that there is a good chance that your heart will actually stop.  It is a fat burger.  Maybe a half a pound burger, that you put a pile of cheese on top of and throw it on a hot griddle with some ice, or ice water, I am not really sure.  But this is where the name becomes clear because the cheese melts down the burger, out on the grill and forms a kind of hardened cheese skirt around the bottom of the burger.

We followed that up with some of the weirdest beer that I have ever had.  It was chili flavored.  As in, hot chili pepper flavored.  I couldn't really taste the beer because the spice was so strong. The first taste that I had I swallowed the way that I swallow every time I am trying a new beer.  I take in a mouthful making sure that the beer touches my whole tongue and swallow quickly.  My chest and throat were immediately on fire.  I finished it, but it took some doing.

Then we played paper football.  It is a lot of fun.  But it is super dull to watch.  Here is a video to prove how dull it is to watch.

It was a fun night with good friends.  And we get to do another one tomorrow night!  We sure are lucky to have such a great group of people in our lives.

1 comment:

Jessy B said...

haha, that is dull! :)