Friday 20 January 2012

Court Papers Served

A friend of mine and I went over to the scumbag landlords house yesterday and tried to serve him, his wife, and their company papers.  We pulled up to the house and my buddy got out.  He went to the door and knocked.  I was parked so that I could see the screen door open, but wasn't able to see who was standing there.  I saw my buddy ask the man a couple of questions and gesture at the court summons.  Then a hand comes out of the void where the door should be, grabs the screen door and closes it.  My friend wasn't bothered.  He just patiently explained to the man for a few more seconds.  Then he looks at me in the car and starts to walk over.  I unbuckled my seatbelt because I was sure that he was going to ask me to get out.  But he opens the door and says "it's the wrong house."  I knew that it couldn't be, but my immediate reaction was that we needed to get outta there, get to the right house, while we had this momentum going and before one, or both, of us chickened out.

The man that was in the door finally poked his head out and gestured for my buddy to come back.  He said that we weren't at the wrong house and that he would take the papers.  Success!!!  Now I just have to build my case and wait for the day!


2 comments:

Jessy B said...

What??? You didn't tell me he said it was the wrong house? I want to hear the whole story when you get home!

Melissa B said...

That's crazy?! Good luck :)