Thursday 5 January 2012

Dinner with the Suz

We went down to Sacramento to have dinner with Suzy tonight.  It was really nice.  We had pan-fried chicken, mashed sweet potatoes and kale.  It was a lovely little dinner.  And relatively healthy.

I love spending time with Suzy. The conversation is always seamless and we can easily jump from talking about a book we read to discussing a recipe to just plain gossip and back without skipping a beat.  I tried to get her to commit to a 30 day challenge. Because I am really excited about it and love to get others involved in the stuff that I like.  When we left she was pretty sure that she was going to do 30 days of waking up early enough to work out in the morning before work. I think that would be awesome.  I think that she is an amazing woman.

I got the strange sensation of cooking with Delilah on my hip.  Not something that I do often, cause I usually put her in some sort of chair on the counter while I cook.  But it was fun and a little nerve wracking to have her there. It just seems like she is so close to the fire!  But she did awesome, and all I really did was stir the kale a little bit.

I am incredibly sore after my run yesterday.  I got up this morning and did some yoga hoping to stave off some of the pain, but by the end of today I am hurting pretty bad.  I will try again tomorrow with the yoga...assuming that I can get up early enough.

1 comment:

Jessy B said...

I love having dinner with Suzy, too! That was a great night.