Wednesday 4 January 2012

Nothing much to say today

I really don't have much to say.  So I will do what my English teachers used to call free-writing.

I went for a run today.  The interesting thing about this particular run was that it wasn't my heart or my lungs that felt like they weren't going to make it.  Which is what I was expecting after I have punished them so heartily during this holiday season. From too much drink and smoke to too much fried food, I thought for sure that the heart and lungs would be screaming.  But on this run it was my low back that gave up the game to early.  I wasn't even over the first hill when the small of my back started burning just a little bit.  By the one mile mark it was a constant glow, and by the end of two miles I thought that I might have to stop and do some stretching.  I didn't though.  I kept it going until just about two and three-quarters miles. It felt good to be out there on the road.  Even if I was moving at a snails pace, it was good to get started.  I would like to try to knock out three miles a couple of times a week.

I am having a little trouble getting back into the swing of work.  I am getting all of the important stuff done, but when it comes to any of the extra stuff that I usually use to fill in the gaps in my day, I just can't seem to get motivated.  I realize that it is probably coming off of vacation and that I just need to power through.  After all, I do all those little things to keep myself from going absolutely bat-shit crazy, or becoming clinically depressed.  So I should probably continue to do them.

I need to come up with a way for my income to be more passive.  I don't like having to go to work, so I need to come up with a way that I can make money more passively.  I am sick of actively pursuing work as a means to my ends.  I have thought and thought and the only thing that I can come up with, that I think might actually be workable is royalties off of a book.  I am kind of in the perfect position to take up writing. I have a job that requires pretty little of me in the way of mental strength.  i should use the little bit of brain power that I have to write a book and then live off of the royalties, right?  Maybe the next 30 day challenge will be to write a novel. 50,000 words divides into 30 1666 times.  So all I have to do is write 1666 words a night and I will be there.  Maybe that will be one of my goals.  How many words is this? just so that I have a basis.  Wow, this is 500 words.  So I only have to write three times this amount per night in order to finish my novel in 30 days.  i feel like that is totally doable.  Huh?!  We'll see!

No comments: