Tuesday 17 January 2012

Almost done

I am almost done with my first 30 day challenge.  Just a couple more days to go.  I have to say that parts of it worked and parts didn't.  I wanted to get up early in the morning, write in the blog, and have that morning time become my new routine.  That definitely didn't happen.  But, I didn't really identify that as the thing that I wanted to do.  I just said that I wanted to be "up before the sun and write in my blog everyday."  And for the most part I accomplished those two goals.  There were two days that I didn't remember to do the blog, and probably four days that I slept in.  So, with a few minor imperfections, i accomplished my goals.  But, that wasn't the idea going in.  The idea was to get up in the morning, before the rest of the house, and spend some Josh-time while sharing the experience over the internet.

All of this leads me to think that I need to have a more defined goal during my next 30 day challenge.  I need to realize what it is that I want to get out of it, and make that the goal.  Then I need to stick with it.  So, I think that I know what my next goal is going to be.  I thought that it was going to be to write a book in 30 days.  But, after writing in the blog everyday I would like a break from that.  And I currently weigh more than I have ever weighed.  I do not want my goal to be running everyday, although I would like to do that.  I don't want to end the 30 days and never want to run again.  And I am worried that in my current over-weight state, I might injure myself.  So I am tossing around the idea of waking up at 630 every morning and doing a Yoga dvd.  This would facilitate me being up in the morning, and it would jump start my day with a little exercise.  Not any exercise that will injure me, but something that I need to do.  And as I stretch, my  balance will become better, my muscles will elongate, my tendons will strengthen and I will be able to run injury-free.  I am not completely committed yet, after all, I have two days to decide.  And just like I always say, "If you wait until the last minute, it only takes a minute."

No comments: