Monday 2 January 2012

The Last Day of Vacation

I have a love/hate relationship with the last day of vacation.  On one hand I am excited that I get one more day, but I always think about the fact that I have to leave Jessi and Delilah the next day.  So I try to really enjoy the day.  I don't think that I change my behavior at all.  I don't try to breathe in Delilah's hair any more than usual, or tell Jessi that I love her any more than usual. But I take a kind of secret joy in the moments.  Especially the ones that are just part of a regular day.  Cause that is the stuff that I get so little of during the work week.  I am only home and awake for about five hours, Delilah is only up for two of those, and Jessi and I both have chores that we have to get done.  Whether it is dinner, or shopping, or cleaning something always has to be done.  The days during the week always seem to fly by with too little time with the family.  So I take a special kind of happiness in being there just feeling there presence, hearing their breath, or listening to them talk (or babble in Delilah's case).

The other part that I am always trying to ignore is the nagging thoughts about work.  Thoughts like what I have to do, who I have to do it with.  And all of the unknowns that are waiting for me there.  I push these thoughts back because I know that they don't do me any good.  I will deal with the day tomorrow when it is tomorrow.

For now, I just love up on my family and hope the time clicks by slowly.

P.S.  I went through and organized my photos today.  Here is one from our I got from our vacation. A little girl came up to Delilah and gave her that flower. It was crazy cute!

2 comments:

Shane & Danica said...

Just saw your blog on FB, that pic is SO SO CUTE! What a DOLL!

Jessy B said...

I liked that one. It is my favorite. :)