Monday 9 January 2012

Lunch with Delilah

Jessi started going to spin class.  It is one of the exercise programs that she really enjoys.  I am less of a fan of spin class and would much rather go for a run.  But I am glad that she started.  For a couple of reasons.  Number one, I think that physical activity is imperative to living a healthy life and to managing stress.  Number two, I get to see Delilah during the day.

We had a really nice lunch date.  She had already eaten so I went to a drive through and got myself a little something.  Then we drove around a little, filled up the car, and went to the library.  Delilah was really good in the library. It didn't even occur to me that a library is no place for an infant, until we had been in there about twenty minutes and she started to fuss.  I am used to hearing her fuss.  And I am used to hearing her fuss when there is silence around, as I do not usually have any kind of background noise going when I am at home with her.  But it is something entirely different when she fusses in a room where everyone is silent or talking in whispers.  The first noise that she made was almost deafening, and it was just a little teeny whine.  I quickly grabbed one of the books that I had been looking at and took her up to the front.

The lady at the counter did what a lot of people do when I am walking around with Delilah.  She told me when her first grandchild is due.  We talked about it for a minute and then a gentleman who worked there saw Delilah and started telling me about his daughter turning sixteen and learning how to drive.  He let his head hang down in consternation as he told the story of her getting her license.  It was proof positive of my post last night, that children are the great unifier.


1 comment:

Jessy B said...

haha, that is funny. I hope it was a good book that you had in your hand!