Saturday 31 December 2011

New Years

This is one of the days that the whole country has optimism.  Everyone, even those that are cynical and act as though they don't care, feel a sense that new beginnings are on the horizon.  We set up goals and ambitions.  We look forward with eyes that allow for anything.  That hope and that feeling that new beginnings are on the horizon is contagious.

It is also a night when we celebrate.  We celebrate the end of the old and the beginning of the new. For some of us we are celebrating a good year and hoping for another that measures up.  For others we are celebrating the end of a crappy year and the hope for one that is much better.

As I head off into this new year, I celebrate a wonderful year and I am thankful for the next.  There have been trials for sure, but I have a wife and child that love me dearly.  I am able to care for them both financially and emotionally and the rewards that I get will continue to come.  Not because I deserve them, but because my family and I work hard to make sure that whatever we have, we appreciate each other and ourselves.

I hope that your life is full of love and happiness, full of brightness and warmth.  And with that, I am off to celebrate!

1 comment:

Jessy B said...

That was very sweet babe! 2012 will be amazing.