Wednesday 18 January 2012

Jessi is back in School, and Daddy-Daughter time

So Jessi started back into school this week.  I am proud of her for making that step.  I know that it isn't easy to transition back into doing for yourself after spending time so completely engrossed in doing for someone else.  But it is important for Jessi to remember that she is a person first and then a mother. She can not give what is necessary to Delilah, a strong female role model, well rounded and capable of taking on her life, without stepping away occasionally to accomplish those goals that do not include her family.  And school is something that doesn't have to take a lot of time away from either Mother or Daughter in order to grant great rewards.

And besides, it means I get more Daddy-daughter time.  I realized this afternoon, as Jessi was away, and I was trying to balance getting the court paperwork together for our security deposit dispute, that I do not have a lot of time with just Delilah and I.  I get the morning, when she sits patiently and watches me make coffee, then breakfast, and finally pack a lunch.  And at irregular intervals, I get an hour or two while Jessi runs to the store, or out for an hour or so of "girl time."  But it will be nice, for both her and I to have some time that is just ours.  A special time that is set aside for her and I to develop a relationship outside of our usual threesome. Designated Daddy-Daughter time.


1 comment:

Jessy B said...

I like this post!!