Sunday 25 December 2011

Midnight Mass

Tonight we went to midnight mass.  It was in the mission del oro.  What a beautiful mission!  The mass was nice. Although I don't really understand all of the ceremony that is the Catholic church. But Delilah got blessed by the Father and Jessi and I were blessed by the people who give out the communion. It is always encouraging somehow to have someone look into my eyes and tell me that I am loved and appreciated by God.  I always seem to walk away with a great big smile on my face.

We spent the day cooking.  Which is one of my favorite  holiday traditions. I love when everyone comes together to create a meal that will be shared.  It is tiring and hard work.  It takes two days to make a meal that will be gone in about an hour, but somehow it is never a thankless or rewardless task.

Tomorrow is Lilah's first Christmas. I can't wait to be with family and enjoy some good food and great company. Love and light to all who come across this message!

No comments: