Thursday 29 December 2011

The long drive home

We made it home safe and sound.  With one baby, a dog and a cat in the car it can get a little hectic and stressful.  Luckily all three are really good travelers.  The exception seems to be that the cat picks the most inopportune times to jump into the front seat and want to be petted.  I swear that she gets on my lap half a second before I have to slam on the brakes almost every time.  And I made the all too common mistake of wearing pj pants for the drive so on top of making sure she doesn't cause an accident, I get the joy of claws digging into my legs.

But Delilah made it through with flying colors.  She only cried for a few minutes when we were about two hours out.  She always gets a little anxious when we are nearing the end of the line.  I don't know if that is because she can tell we are getting close, or if she has just reached the end of her rope.  But we put on a little music and she usually calms right down.  Well, after Jessi puts her hand back there so she can hold it for ten to fifteen minutes.  I don't know how she does that.  I start to lose feeling in my hand after about a minute.  Mother stamina I suppose.

The trip to San Diego was really great.  We got to spend some much-needed down time with the family.  I was able to get some work done on the house. And everyone got to know Delilah a little bit better.

It is always so fun to watch people watch her.  She captivates the room by making a noise or by grabbing a hold of something.  I know that all babies do that.  I know that it seems to be hard wired into us to pay an extra amount of attention to babies, but I like to think it is because she is so damn cute.  Here is a picture of her falling asleep on her play mat after a long day of traveling.

No comments: