Friday 23 December 2011

Can't decide

So I can't decide if I want this challenge to be about me, like a journal.  Or if I want to use it as an opportunity to work on my writing.  I wrote a little piece that I wanted to get into the newspaper.  But the more that I read over it the more I realized that it wasn't really very succinct.  I kind of tend to ramble.

The journal would be easiest.  All I would have to do is tell a little something about the day.  "Delilah was great," "Jessi made an awesome dinner last night."  That kind of thing.  And I would be happy to do that. I would love to have an opportunity to come back and look at this month and know what kind of things I was thinking.  What I was going through.  But I am not sure that this is the kind of thing that I want to put on the internet.  I think that would be something that I would want to have a little more privately.  Like not on the internet.

The harder thing to do, but perhaps the more appropriate for the public forum of the internet, is practice my writing.  Because that would mean that I would have to think about what I am putting on the page.  I would have to worry about composition.  I would have to start with a thought.  Expound on that thought.  Give a little background to my ideas or thoughts.  And bring it all to a conclusion.  But I don't want this to turn into something that I have to work all day on either.

So I guess I will stick to my original 30 day plan for now.  I will write everyday for the next 28 days.  On the days that I feel like going a little deeper I will do that.  But I am not going to stress over it too much.  And at the end of the 30 days, if I wanna keep doing this.  I might start a different 30 day challenge with the goal slightly tweaked.

That is all for today

No comments: