Wednesday 28 December 2011

Goal accomplished...almost

Wow, that was a full day of work.  I got the floor done, the sink in, the toilet back together, the shower working and the light and mirror up.  The only things that I wasn't able to do was finish the baseboards and paint.  But that will have to wait for another trip.  I can't decide if I am going to put up wainscotting in  there or not.

But, I got this stuff done.  I am super proud of myself.  It was the closest I have ever come to a day with no problems.  The only hang ups that I had was a little drip in one of the valves, the light we bought was wrong, and I had a little trouble at the store. Well, I had a little trouble at the store twice!  It wouldn't be a project without a little something going wrong.  Oh yeah, and I forgot the drain when I went to the store the first time...which is why I had to return to the store and thus had two problems.  But all in all it was a productive and successful day.

On a sad note, a friend of mine died of cancer today.  Her and I were not really close.  I was close to her husband at one time, but I haven't spoken to him for days.   My heart truly goes out to him.  It is a terrible thing to lose a loved one.  And watching this particular man really come into his own personal happiness during his time with her was beautiful.  I pray that he does not lose that.  I pray that the cold and loneliness doesn't drag him down and away from the light-heartedness and happiness that he has experienced.

She was in her thirties.  Which scares the hell out of me.  I know that when someone dies you are not supposed to think that. I don't really like to admit it.  But death is something that has always haunted me, and knowing that someone my age, or close to my age, died terrifies me.  Not suddenly like a car crash, but drawn out over months from the time she discovered the illness till the end.  She had a hard last few months.  I cannot stop my brain from imagining what it would be like to be either the sick or the helper.  It is always terrible.  My heart goes out to my friend.

2 comments:

Jessy B said...

Makes you realize how lucky we are!

Jessy B said...

And I'm really proud of you about the bathroom!