Tuesday 27 December 2011

Bathroom remodel in a day

This will be one of the more ambitious goals that I have set out to do.  It isn't a complete remodel, but it is fairly close.  I pulled out the sink and the mirror, the floor and the toilet today.  And I am going to replace them all tomorrow.  So I guess that is more like a two day remodel.  We will see how it goes.

The plan is to finish the destruction phase in the morning.  I am going to take off the baseboards, measure the room and cut the new flooring.  Put it in, and then start on the cabinet and sink.  I am hoping that everything goes fairly well.  I am not too worried about it.  But that is because I am facing a nights sleep and a full day tomorrow.  In the morning, when the nights sleep is behind me, I might have a slightly different view.

As always I expect the devil to be in the details.  I imagine that the big stuff will be really easy and go fairly quickly.  The problem that I am most likely going to run into is replacing the valves from the wall to the hose, or in some little detail, like getting the sink stopper to set correctly.

I do enjoy these projects.  I know that I will have fun doing it. I will inevitably become frustrated at some point.  But I am always pleased when I am done.  Both with the accomplishment and with my own stunned disbelief that I was the one who was able to do it.

At any rate, I am sure that I will tell you all about it tomorrow.

No comments: