Monday 26 December 2011

Jessi's old house and Mount Helix

This morning we got up and went to Mt Helix.  It is a cross on the top of a hill a little South of here.  When I saw the hill from afar I thought that it didn't look very impressive.  I had heard of Mt Helix before and I know that it is a tourist attraction down here in San Diego, but on the drive there I thought that we probably could have walked up the hill two roads over and had a better view.  Boy was I wrong!  

The view from the top looked like this:

Not a bad view and some pretty good looking folks!  You could see all the way to the ocean on the West and into the mountains passed the city to the East.  The South showed Mexico and the North was La Jolla and beyond.  It was pretty amazing for being on top of what looked like a little hill.  We snapped some pictures and took a few moments to take it all in.  Then we headed off to the house that Anita, Jessi and Henry lived in when Anita and Joe met.  It was just like Jessi remembered except the shutters used to be blue and now they are white.  That is a pretty good memory considering I think she was like six when she lived there.  

Delilah ate her first meal with a spoon today too. It was pretty funny the way she didn't seem to know what to do with the food.  It is hard to believe that eating is something that she has to learn to do.  I guess that it makes sense.  She pretty much has to learn to do everything except breath and beat her heart.  She is getting so close to being able to sit up on her own.  I can't wait until that day for some reason.  For me I think that signals the beginning of the really fun part.  She is fun now, but every new thing that she can do seems to make her a little more fun and I think that is going to be awesome when it happens.  Anyway, I was going to put up the video, but it is taking too long.  Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jessy B said...

I'm so glad you got to go there with us. It was neat to share that with you.