Monday 7 May 2012

A Whole Lotta Change!

Ok, so a ton has happened since my last entry.  We didn't make it through the shake diet.  We made it two days and in the evening of the second day we had to eat something.  I went into this not realizing what a psychological effect chewing has on me.  It was incredibly difficult, not to eat so little.  I have dieted before and that is not something new, so I was prepared for that.  But the lack of chewing was just too much for me.  I did manage to lose a couple of pounds while I was on it.  So it was hard to justify eating, but it was something that had to be done.

Then, the following day I found out that I had to leave for Texas.  I am spending five months here and Jessi and Lil D are going to try to come out twice during that time.  Our parting was the hardest part of this current adventure.  Jessi and I have never been apart for this long.  We are definitely used to being apart, but we have never spent more than about a month and a half away from each other.  D and I have only been apart for a couple of weeks.  I know that Jessi is capable of taking care of the house and our daughter, and I thank God that she is.  It has been forced on her, but she has always risen to the challenge.  I am a lucky man!  But the thought of being away has been tough.  The act is never as difficult as the thought.  Physically being separated is the easy part.  The hard part is the emotional toll that it takes on me.  I haven't cried myself to sleep yet, but I am pretty confident that it is coming.

So to try to make this time go by more quickly, I am starting a workout routine and I have modified the Shaking diet a little.  I am still doing only vegan shakes in the morning and for lunch, but I can have an afternoon snack and a healthy (not necessarily vegan, or even vegetarian) dinner.  I will also be doing the Crossfit Endurance workouts of the day.  Well, I will be attempting them at any rate!  Here is the website. These guys don't mess around! The idea is that you do two workouts a day.  One traditional crossfit workout of the day (WOD) and a cardio workout.  These have to be split by at least 3.5 hours, but can be done in either order.  Because I am in Texas in Summer I am going to do the cardio in the morning, when it isn't too hot.  And the WOD in the afternoon, when I can stay in the gym.

Starting weight was 334, but that was fully clothed.  I am going to continue weighing clothed and hope for the best.  I have five months...I should be able to pull something off in that time!

No comments: