Sunday 25 July 2010

Mom's Visit and Kayaking Tahoe


So this has been an awesome weekend. Mom came to visit for the weekend. We drank wine, talked and kayaked on Lake Tahoe. It was pretty fantastic. Most of my open-body-of-water activities lately have been done in the ocean, so it felt a little weird to not have waves and salt in the water. If you have never been to Tahoe, part of me wants to tell you to go, and the other part wants to tell you to stay away as it is already pretty crowded. But the weather was phenomenal, there was still snow on the mountains in the distance, and the water was just cold enough to cool the skin after playing in the sun. This was the third time that I have been Kayaking, so I am an old pro. There is something majestic about sitting on the top of the water and using your own strength to pull you gently through it. I think this is an activity I could get used to.

No comments: