Friday 16 July 2010

Bike ride to the River

I have been doing something recently that I think a lot of people do. I have been trying to lose weight...again, and I made myself a workout plan. I stuck to it on Monday and thought I was doing really well. Tuesday and Wednesday and I was still on the program. Thursday comes around and I was absolutely not going to do what I had planned for myself. So this morning I was mentally settling into the idea that I wouldn't work out, and I was perfectly fine with that. Instead of my strict workout schedule, I got on my bike and rode to the river. There is a motorcross track down there and a lot of little trails that run along the river that are only mildly challenging on a bicycle. I rode around for a half hour or so and then made my way back to the house. It was awesome! The thing that I had been doing was making working out into work. It doesn't have to be. It can be fun, if I just do the workouts that I enjoy. And I am going hiking tomorrow, so that is real good.

1 comment:

Goofy Granny said...

Keep it up!! It's always great to go have fun and get the advantages of becoming fit to boot.