Sunday 2 August 2009

The Weekend 2

So the weekend that we spent together was wonderful. We both got a lot done this weekend. I finally got the bathroom up and working again. I even took a shower in it. It is not the best shower head but the pressure is really good! It got done just in time cause the toilet crapped out in the other one. So we are down to just one working toilet, one sink, and two showers. I will try to fix the toilet in the other bathroom but probably not until we are done with this vacation that we are going on.
I also got a chance to finish the flooring by the door to the garage. It was a bit of a challenge because it has been a while since I did the rest of the floor and it took me a minute to get back into the swing of things. But it is finally done and looks pretty good.
Jessi pulled some of the extraneous hooks out of the wall and filled the holes and painted. It looks so much better! I never notice that stuff until it is fixed. But once it is done it makes all the difference in the world. She also finished the pictures on the wall and put some of those vinyl lettering up on the wall. It is pretty cool. I will take some pictures and put it up here a little bit later. The little camera has bit the big one so it is a little bigger of a deal to take the pictures and I am exhausted after the weekend!
This morning we got up and went for a walk with Joe and Anita. They got a new dog, a Basset hound, and it is super cute on the walk. It has a gimp back leg but it certainly doesn't slow him down. Him and Joe ran ahead of us and we all tried to keep up! We also went down to visit some friends who just had a baby. There was some sort of complication and she had to stay in the hospital an extra week. She is fine now and most likely coming home tomorrow. Then we spent the rest of the day cleaning up...
Wow, when I put it like that we had a really busy weekend, no wonder I am so tired. Well, I will let you know how the vacation went on the way through it!

No comments: