Tuesday 11 August 2009

Paddle boarding and Sunset dinners on the beach

So yesterday we rented one of those stand up paddle boards and took it to the beach to give it a go. It was soooo much fun. It is a lot like Kayaking except harder to balance and easier to get back on when you fall off. Jessi, Cindy, Rachel and I all had a turn. The sensation once you get your balance is like walking on water. It was a little gloomy yesterday but when the sun came out and you looked into the water you could make out the rocks and things below you. At first that was a little intimdating until you realize the water is just really clear and you are looking down 15-20 ft. There was a moment when everything lined up with my balance and I was able to look around and just enjoy the harbor. It felt a lot like being on a boat, except the water would slowly cascade over your feet with the waves. I think that I am going to try to find some on the cheap for when we are back in California. I think it is something that I could totally get into! We followed that up with dinner in a restaurant right on the beach with the most beautiful sunset. Pretty incredible for a couple of Howlie's (derogatory Hawaiian term for mainlanders)

1 comment:

Hank said...
This comment has been removed by the author.