Saturday 6 June 2009

The weekend

So this weekend should be a busy one. I am going to be working on the house...trying to get a box put in so that we can have a fan in our room. I have never done electrical work before and am hoping that everything goes ok. If you want to find out how it goes go to http://jjbateshome.blogspot.com/

We went to Cruisin Grand yesterday which is a weekly event in Escondido. People bring their restored cars and have them out on the street. You can walk around and look at the different cars and there are a few vendors that sell food and the art galleries down on Grand are usually open. We walked into a few of them and a couple of home decorating stores to get some ideas for stuff to do around the house.

Then we ate at this place called El Bistro. It was expensive and the food was a little below mediocre. Jessi got the prime rib and I got the chicken penne. They were both not as good as something that I would make at home. We each had a glass of wine...also not good, I had a cabarnet sauvignon that tasted like the bottle had been open half a day too long, and Jessi had a Pinot Grigio that was good but not well blended, all the tastes were a little over-powering, but that might have been our fault as we both don't know much about wine. And it was expensive; the meal cost us almost $70, which I don't mind paying if the food is wonderful, but this was not. The atmosphere was really nice though. It was all dark colors and felt a little like a comfortable study should.

This afternoon we are grilling out with Jessi's folks...garden burger and chips I think! Then we have a dinner date with some friends.

Tomorrow is a festival in Rancho Bernardo that we are going to go to...I'm sure I will write about how it went.

No comments: